A Resident Assistant (RA) is a student staff member of the Office of Residential Life who is responsible for a living area within the residence halls. Our RAs guide and assist residents through their living experience in an inclusive environment. They are expected to be role models, advocates, policy reporters, mentors, and team players. RAs foster the personal and professional development of students through the Residential Curriculum to become transformational co-creators.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time studentMust have completed at least one semester as an FIT student (either in-person or remote) by the time you apply.
- Must be in good standing with the Dean of Students Office and Office of Residential Life
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of application and throughout the academic year
- Must be present for the entirety of all meetings, training periods, as well as opening and closing procedures in the residence halls.
The Residential Life Department is currently recruiting Resident Assistants (RAs) for the upcoming Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 academic year. Attending one RA information session is required to be considered for the role. The deadline to apply is Monday, February 14, 2022 by 9 am EST.
- single room (room size may vary due to physical layout of buildings, some RAs will be assigned suitemates)
- meal plan or declining balance contribution (based on assigned room type)
- early registration for classes
- 10% Discount at FIT Barnes and Noble Bookstore
- November 4, 2021, 2 pm EST: Online application becomes available. This application will require you to upload a resume and a cover letter. These things along with GPA and conduct requirements will determine who moves on to the group interview process. Not everyone will advance to the interview. Make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to complete a thoughtful application.
- Attending an RA information session is required, and designed to help prepare you
for the application.
Thursday, November 4, 1 pm, Coed Workroom
Wednesday, November 10, 6:30 pm, Dubinsky Center, Room A307
Thursday, November 11, 11 pm, Dubinsky Center, A580 B
Wednesday, November 17, 9:30 pm, Virtual
Friday , November 19, 5 pm, Kaufman Workroom
Tuesday, December 7, 1 pm, Nagler Workroom
Thursday, December 9, 1 pm, Alumni Workroom
- February 14, 2022 by 9 am EST: Deadline to apply. Late applications will not be accepted.
- March 4, 2022 by 5 pm EST: Candidates who have advanced to individual interviews will be notified via email.
- March 6, 2022: Individual interviews take place.
- March 9, 2022 by 5 pm EST: Decision letters will be emailed by Res Life.
- March 14, 2022 by 5 pm EST: Deadline for those offered positions to accept.
Meet Former FIT RAs
Wondering how being an RA may help your future career goals? Meet former FIT RAs Augusta and T. Kyle below to see how their time as an FIT RA helped shape their careers at places like The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Bravo, and Buzzfeed.