Winter Housing 2022
Dates: January 2, 2022 (noon) to Spring 2022 check in
The following information is subject to change and/or approval of the college. Applications will be available November 1, 2021. Please log in to MyFIT to apply and pay by December 1, 2021.
Winter Housing Policies
- ONLY residents living in the halls for Fall '21 and Spring '22 qualify for winter recess housing.
- Full payment is due upon submission of the winter housing application.
- NO REFUNDS ONCE PAYMENT IS SUBMITTED.
- Residents are not required to enroll in winter session classes.
Rates are based on Spring 2022 housing assignments (traditional, apartment, or single style rooms):
- Traditional Style Room: $1,054.00
- Apartment Style - Shared Room: $1,215.00
- Apartment Style - Single Room: $2,004.00*
*The winter single rate applies ONLY to residents who are assigned to a single for Fall 2021/Spring 2022. If a roommate is NOT staying for winter, the shared rate would apply.
Please note: Residents who pay for winter housing MUST VACATE THE RESIDENCE HALLS BY 10 am on December 22, 2021. ONLY paid winter residents will be allowed to check in at noon on January 2, 2022.
- VISITATION WILL NOT BE GRANTED DURING WINTER RECESS.
No. If you are living in the residence halls for the spring semester, you may leave your belongings. However! You will not have access to these items and the college will not be responsible for missing or damaged items.
No. The only requirement is that you are a fall and spring resident and pay for the cost of winter housing.
No. The winter single rate applies ONLY to residents who are assigned to a single for fall/spring. If a roommate is NOT staying for winter, the shared rate would apply.
Yes. The halls are closed from 10 am on December 17, 2019 until noon on January 1, 2020. There will be no access to the halls during this time.
No. All winter residents will stay in their assigned fall/spring room.
You will receive an email from the Residential Life Department regarding spring check-in.
No. Check out the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries.
Those who occupy more than their assigned space will be charged for a single for winter recess and spring semester.