Dubinsky Student Center, Room A471
AAS, Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York
BS, Utah State University
Kim Nelson is an alumni of FIT's Jewelry Design program and began teaching in the program in 1999. He became full-time faculty in 2013, became chair of the department in 2017, and has been the assistant chair since the program joined the Fashion Department in 2019.
Nelson has been a jewelry industry professional for 28 years, working in-house with well known firms including Carvin French Jewelers and Stuller. He is an award-winning designer, a highly experienced CAD modeler, and a CAD technology consultant.
- History of jewelry
- History of applied arts
- History of jewelry design
- Digital modeling and manufacturing technologies
- JD 138 Introduction to CAD Modeling for Jewelers
- JD 139 Jewelry Design & Ideations I (CAD and Design modules)
- JD 237 3D Digital Object Design
- JD 238 Jewelry Design & Ideations II (CAD and Design modules)
- JD 239 Design Capstone Portfolio (CAD and Design modules)
- JD 240 Jewelry Design Development (CAD and Design modules)