Oral History Project
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ORAL HISTORY PROJECT
Alumni Relations is excited to announce that we have partnered with Publishing Concepts, Inc (PCI) for the Fashion Institute of Technology Oral History Project!
Part of this project includes updating our records to effectively communicate and engage with our alumni (you!) If you haven't already, you will be receiving a physical postcard and/or email labeled about "Verification for Fashion Institute of Technology Alumni". This was sent on behalf of FIT Alumni Relations.
PCI is collecting stories about the FIT experience and also asking for updated contact information. All of this information is solely for FIT use. We are excited to collect a vault of stories from alumni of all decades!
SAMPLE COMMUNICATIONS BEING SENT
Below are examples of official FIT Oral History Project communications sent on behalf of FIT Alumni Relations.
Sample of the front of a postcard sent by PCI on behalf of FIT Alumni Relations as part of the Oral History Project.
Sample email sent by PCI on behalf of FIT Alumni Relations as part of the Oral History Project.
To contribute your story and to update your contact information, please call (866) 571-0464.
If you have any questions please contact [email protected]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information
and a story about FIT. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
- It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for FIT. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows FIT to hear about your personal experiences and explain how FIT has helped shape your lives.
- Does FIT benefit from this at all?
- Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- Yes, in a few different ways:
- How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
- PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call
the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project.
The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any
updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at FIT. Your
story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to FIT at the conclusion of the
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated FIT update line at 8665710471
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at FIT. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to FIT at the conclusion of the project.
- Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
- When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / [email protected] or to FIT directly.
- I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to
- You can call back at any time to share your story.
- I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do
- You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
- If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
- Can anyone purchase a book?
- The FIT Oral History Publication is available for sale only to FIT alumni.
- When will I receive my book?
- The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in February 2022, the books will be distributed in February 2023.
- I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do
I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.