High School Credit Courses
In conjunction with FIT's School of Liberal Arts, select credit courses are offered to high school seniors. Each course bears liberal arts credits that can be transferred to most colleges and universities. These courses are designed to broaden the student's understanding of the humanities, strengthen critical thinking and communication skills, develop a knowledge of the natural and social sciences, and prepare students to function effectively in a culturally diverse world.
Eligibility: Credit courses are open to current high school seniors
Required Documents: Submit the following credentials with your registration form:
- A recommendation letter form an academic teacher stating the student's academic strengths
- A recommendation letter form the high school counselor or principal
- A copy of their SAT Verbal/English scores (must be a composite score of 540 or higher)
- A copy of their transcript showing a minimum 3.3 GPA
Registration Form: High School Credit Non-degree Registration Form
- Students must mail or fax the registration form and all support documents listed below
in order to enroll.
Documents must be received: TBA
- Send all documents to:
Fashion Institute of Technology
227 West 27th Street, Room SR10
New York, NY 10001-5992
Fax: (212) 217-7964
Pricing and Residency Requirements:To qualify for New York State tuition rates, students must have established legal residence in New York for a period of at least one year preceding the date of registration.
- New York City (any of the five boroughs) residents must sign the statement of residence on the registration form and submit adequate documentation. The student's permanent address in their high school transcript is adequate documentation. If the address does not appear on the high school transcript, a parent's 2018 New York State Income Tax Return indicating that the student is claimed as a dependent is also acceptable.
- New York State residents who do not reside in the five boroughs must also file a Certificate of Residence issued by the county in which they reside in order to be eligible for the resident tuition rate. It is mandatory that students submit the certificate in order to be eligible for the resident tuition rate.
- Certificates of residence are issued by the County Administrative or Treasurer's Office, not by FIT. Be advised that different counties have different criteria and deadline dates for issuing the certificates. All questions should be addressed directly by the individual county offices.
- The following documents are accepted as proof of residency: A current high school transcript reflecting a New York State address; OR a New York State driver license (or non-driver identification card) or motor vehicle registration; OR If your child does not have one of the documents listed above, parents may submit their 2018 tax return. Please submit only the page of the tax return showing the child's name as a dependent. You may block out any private financial information.
Course Withdrawal and Refund of Tuition: Refund Details and Forms
If you want to withdraw and have your tuition refunded, you must follow the official withdrawal procedure. Not attending class or stopping payment on a check is not considered an official withdrawal from the college and you will be responsible for all tuition liabilities. No refunds of tuition and fees paid to the college will be processed/permitted unless an official withdrawal form is submitted in the required time period to the Registrar's Office or online during the first week of classes.
FIT strongly recommends using E-Refunds. You can set up your student account to automatically deposit refunds directly into your bank account. When you have a credit balance on your student account, you will receive your refund in three to ten days.
Course Offerings: TBA