Apply now to become a Cultural Fellow!
Established in 2016 as one of FIT’s key strategic international initiatives, FIT’s Cultural Fellows program offers international students and students with extensive international experience the opportunity to work on campus in educational contexts, such as international student orientation and co-curricular events, which draw on that rich international experience. Cultural Fellows are enlisted for buddy and mentor/mentee outreach to new international students, help in facilitating events hosted by International Student Services and the Office of International Programs, assist in international-related social media, video, and website development, and other related activities.
Click here for the application! Deadline: February 8, 2019
Cultural Fellows help foster a more inclusive experience for the entire FIT community by contributing their international perspectives to expand and enrich FIT’s educational environment, making intercultural experiences more accessible for all.
Cultural Fellow Qualifications:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and be in good disciplinary standing with the College
- Be an international student, have studied abroad in college, or possess significant experience living or working abroad
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about FIT—its people, programs, and community
- Enjoy speaking and sharing experiences with others
- Be open to speaking in front of groups and working with faculty
- Be available for Cultural Fellows Training and Events
- Commit to program participation through May 2020
- Salary – $15 per hour (subject to change)
- Opportunities to develop public speaking, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Opportunities for classroom presentations and serving as a faculty resource
- Build your FIT network
- Cultural Fellows gear