The School of Graduate Studies at FIT is pleased to announce the Dean's Fellowship call for applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. The fellowship is open to newly admitted master’s students in good standing in the School of Graduate Studies.
Designed to provide graduate students with research experience and funding support, the Dean’s Fellowship is a one-year non-renewable award of $3,000. The award will be applied over two semesters during the 2021-2022 academic year.
All Fellows will be expected to devote an average of five hours per week to specified assignments in the area of their fellowship for the 15 weeks of the semester. Fellows will report to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, who will provide all assignments and monitor performance. At the end of the semester, in addition to their completed research assignments, fellows will be expected to submit a reflective essay that speaks to the work completed and evaluates the experience.
The School of Graduate Studies welcomes individuals across all disciplines and backgrounds to apply for these fellowships, which will be awarded on the basis of merit and the promise of outstanding academic and professional achievement. Fellows are expected to be comfortable with working independently and possess familiarity with online platforms and emerging technologies.
- Student's application for admission must be submitted by the January 15 fellowship consideration deadline, with all outstanding materials due no later than January 22.
- FIT Employees receiving tuition remission, deferred students, students in maintenance of matriculation status, and those placed on a waitlist are not eligible for fellowship consideration.
- Students must be available for the full duration (fall and spring) of the fellowship.
How to Apply
Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability and enthusiasm to contribute to the intellectual life of the School of Graduate Studies and to advance the school’s unique blend of art and science. Self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit are a must. Candidates for the Dean's Fellowship must complete the essay prompt in the admissions application (no more than 750 words) answering the following question:
- The School of Graduate Studies seeks to increase opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration and engagement with the larger college community. The FIT Center for Innovation brings FIT's collective strength in design, business, science, and technology together with industry. Through the lens of design, technology, and/or entrepreneurship, please share how you envision contributing to this initiative as a graduate fellow this year.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Applicants who complete the essay prompt after January 15th will not be considered. Awardees will be notified at the time an admissions decision is made.
Terms and Conditions
- Awards will be made pending budget availability. The School of Graduate Studies reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship at the conclusion of the first semester if funds are no longer available.
- Applicants must meet the School of Graduate Studies policy requirements for time-to-degree completion.
- Fellows are expected to abide by the professional codes of ethics and responsibilities of the School of Graduate Studies and those commonly accepted in the Fellow’s field of study. These codes include, but are not limited to, the Code of Student Conduct, and the Financial Aid Codes of Conduct. The School of Graduate Studies reserves the right to terminate Fellowship if codes of conduct are not maintained.
- Questions may be directed to [email protected].