Motion Graphics Certificate
Bring Your Creativity to Life with After Effects
Spring 2022 Dates (Remote)
MGR 001: February 7 - April 4, 2022 (skips Feb 21)
Time: Every Monday and Wednesday, 6:30pm to 8:30pm EST
Online Platform: Webex
Learn how to create impressive 2D motion graphics using Adobe After Effects. Through hands-on exercises, you will learn the fundamental animation techniques and skills while focusing on the principles and concepts behind effective storytelling. You will finish this program with a showreel to impress future clients or employers.
This certificate is tailored for creative professionals such as graphic designers who are looking to advance their career in the exciting field of motion graphics. To enroll in this program, proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is required.
This is a Synchronous and Collaborative Remote Experiential Learning™ (SCREL™) Certificate. Unlike traditional distance and online learning models, SCREL enables real-time interactions between faculty, industry professionals. In addition, our intimate maximum class size of 14 students will enable in-depth discussions and exchange of ideas to maximize your learning experience and results.
- High-speed internet connection
- Design-grade PC or Mac computer that is capable of running Adobe After Affects (click for system requirements)
- Adobe Creative Cloud installed (click for Adobe CC info)
- Built-in or external webcam and speakers
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Learn How To
- Understand the professional time-based design workflow
- Synthesize and apply the principles of motion graphics
- Create effective storyboard and animatics to communicate your design vision
- Apply your design skills to 2D animation projects using Adobe After Effects
- Produce high quality motion graphics such as title sequence
- Classes taught by top industry experts
- Earn a certificate from FIT, a world-renowned design school
- Curriculum is designed to help you prepare a high quality portfolio showreel
- Curriculum Designed by FIT's Creative Technology & Design (CT&D) subject area which is a leader in digital design education
- Advanced pedagogy balancing practical knowledge and creative principles
Meet Your Instructors
Robert Kahn is a motion graphics artist who provides video editing and graphic design for the advertising, finance, and arts industries. His clients have included: Saatchi & Saatchi, General Electric, Merrill Lynch, Hill and Knowlton, Ernst & Young, Alden HD and o2kl as well as the American Dance Legacy Institute.
FIT’s SCREL programs were developed by award-winning faculty members from FIT’s Creative Technology & Design (CT&D) subject area and Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS). It provides a hands-on learning experience that simulates the workflow of online collaboration and global teamwork, which is becoming a standard in the contemporary creative industry.
Synchronous: Real-time remote lectures, demonstrations, and discussions for instant feedback and dynamic exchange of ideas.
Collaborative: Adaptation of industry-standard tools that enable real-time online collaboration and teamwork.
Experiential: Hands-on experiential and project-based learning in which students actively explore real-world problems and challenges and acquire a deeper understanding of the subject.
- Program Introduction
- Motion Graphic Overview
- Applying Animation Principles for Motion Graphics
- Practical Organization for Projects and Teams
- Level 1 Animation
- Creation in After Effect
- Project Construction
- Intermediate Techniques
- Learn Through Course Projects
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.
Creative Technology & Design (CT&D)
The CT&D program area was founded with a mission to elevate students’ understanding of advanced design concepts as well as their command of cutting-edge technology, CT&D at FIT provides a flexible curriculum and an empowering transdisciplinary learning environment. Our pedagogical goal is to nurture the next generation of creative technologists who will design digital products, platforms, and creative solutions that improve people’s lives.
CT&D Advisory Board
C.J. Yeh, Program Director, Founder / Creative Director, Cynda Media Lab
Christie Shin, Program Coordinator, Partner / Design Director, Cynda Media Lab
Paul Kim, Vice President of Strategy, North America HQ at Samsung Electronics
Allison Ceraso, President and Chief Experience Officer, Havas Health Plus
Marcin Ramocki, Chairman, MFA in Media Arts, New Jersey City University
Akiko Rokube, Creative Director, PwC Experience Center
Jennifer Bruno, Director of Product, Fusion Media Group
Ben Morejon, Creative Director, Anomaly
Emily Frost, Manager of Brand Creative, Faherty Brand