Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Associate in Applied Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Textile Development and Marketing AAS program, students will skilled in the following:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Students will understand the meaning, relevance and responsibility to steward finance, ecology and society.
- Product Knowledge: Students will be able to examine textile products, including analysis and application to appropriate end uses.
- Technology: Students will develop a scientific baseline of textile technology to understand both the primary and ancillary needs of textile products.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate techniques that enable decision making through product and process knowledge.
- Globalism: Students will develop diverse patterns of thinking to understand the complex geographical and cultural nature of the textile industry.
- Communication: Students will demonstrate the basic methods of domestic and international communication so they can function globally.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Textile Development and Marketing BS program, students will skilled in the following:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Students will describe the basic tenets of sustainability and corporate social responsibility and apply that knowledge to responsibly create products that instill a sense of ecology, economy, and social well-being.
- Product Knowledge: Students will employ assessment tools to evaluate business quality and meet industry recognized standards.
- Technology: Students will use technology to construct, evaluate and support the creation of fabric forming methodology, coloration, and chemical modification, and will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of their choices.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will use research, design, and implementation strategies to create products that are competitively priced and well positioned.
- Globalism: Students will assess textile industries and opportunities to develop products and markets, and network effectively with industry professionals in a global context.
- Communication: Students will produce effective marketing and communication strategies and communicate them effectively in written, oral and visual form.