If you are a high school student
You may not apply directly to the bachelor's degree program. High school students should apply to a two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program and after completing that degree, with a minimum GPA of 2.0, apply to the two-year bachelor's program in Advertising and Marketing Communications.
If you have an AAS from FIT
In Advertising and Marketing Communications: You may apply to the AMC BS program.
In another Business and Technology major or an AAS in Communication Design: You may apply to the AMC BS program. You will be required to complete the following bridge courses prior to the sixth semester:
- AC 111 Advertising and Promotion
- AC 221 Publicity Workshop
- AC 231 Advertising Copywriting
- AC 271 Audiences and Media
See your academic advisor for more information.
In any other AAS program: You may apply to the AMC BS program after completing the one-year AAS program in Advertising and Marketing Communications. See your academic advisor for information.
If you have credits or a degree from another college
You may apply to the AMC BS program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have an associate or bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college in a program that is equivalent to the AMC AAS program. Certain prerequisite or equivalent courses in the major area must be completed.
- you will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent or related program at a regionally accredited college.
A college program is equivalent if it contains the same major area and liberal arts distribution as the FIT Advertising and Marketing Communications program. Applicants from college programs that are not equivalent must apply to the AAS program.
Please note that FIT AAS students receive priority admissions consideration.