Faces and Places in Fashion
Faces and Places in Fashion is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser, and sales leader. Lectures are currently only available for FIT students and employees.
The lectures are typically held on Mondays from 4:10 pm–5:30 pm in the Katie Murphy
Check listings to confirm times.
Visit the course YouTube channel to watch archived lectures.
Spring 2022 Lectures
- January 31, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon
- February 7, Alexis DeSalva Kahler, Associate Director of Audience & Insights, dentsu X
- February 14, Natalie Wadsworth, Founder, Frances Hart
- February 21, NO CLASS, Presidents' Day
- February 28, Kerry Docherty, Co-Founder, Chief Impact Officer, Faherty, (view in video archive)
- March 7, Nicole Fischelis, Former Macy's GVP Fashion and Creative Director, (view in video archive)
- March 14, Ludwig Heissmeyer & Rebecca Kita, Vice President of Product Development and Vice President of Sales, Carolina Herrara, (view in video archive)
- March 21, Jeriana San Juan, Costume Designer and FIT alumna, (view in video archive)
- March 28, Joanna Buchanan, Founder, Joanna Buchanan, (view in video archive)
- April 4, Patricia Meada, Director of Womenswear, Fashion Snoops, (view in video archive)
- April 11, NO CLASS, Spring Break
- April 18, Molly Taylor, Chief Merchant, Saks Off Fifth, (view in video archive)
- April 25, Meisha Brown, Vice President of Sales, Kering Eyewear, (view in video archive)
- May 2, Fashion Service Network, Panel, FSN, *PLEASE NOTE: this class will be held in the Haft Theater
- May 9, REMOTE CLASS, see syllabus for assignment
- May 16, Leslie Gifford (lecture will be remote and open to all), President & Creative Director, 360 Sweater Company, LLC
Faces and Places in Fashion is taught by Caroline Gordon, who has been an adjunct professor at FIT since 2018, teaching in both the Schools of Business and Technology and Art and Design. Gordon has worked in the fashion industry in New York City for 16 years across multiple American brands, including Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor. She has experience in womenswear and children's wear, with a focus on buying and wholesale sales.
Connect With Us